"Self Help Daily" - 1 new article
The Skinny on Time Management by Jim Randel: Another Must Read Skinny BookAs I’ve said before on Self Help Daily and Out of Bounds, I’m hooked on The Skinny On books by Jim Randel. They’re extremely fun to read, they look colorful and wickedly handsome on your desk and shelves, the illustrations leave you smiling inside-out, and they’re absolutely packed with great information, advice and tips. The most recent Skinny book I’ve read is The Skinny on Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift “Time Management.” The phrase, alone, conjures up a host of reactions, doesn’t it? From “Time Management? Is there really such a beast?” to “Time management? Where do I get me some of that?!” - and every reaction in between, one thing’s for sure, you hardly ever hear anyone say,”I’m an expert at time management. In fact, I think there are too many hours in the day…” If anyone ever did say that, I’d be tempted to kick them in the shin. The warning has been issued. The Skinny on Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift When I read, I like to mentally digest each nugget of information and each Jim Randel book is packed with golden nuggets. I also keep a notebook and pen nearby to jot down notes or ideas as they come to me. A few times I was so furiously taking notes that the butterflies and birds were watching me. The hurrier I go, the more I fall behind. – Anonymous As I always state in my book reviews, it’s especially hard to give a book review for a book (or series of books) that blow me straight away. If I”m lukewarm on a book or simply like it, it’s easy – I just say so. I give the link, I pull out a quote or two and that’s that. If I don’t like the book, it’s even easier – I pretend the whole thing never happened and forget that the book and I ever met…. as in zero review. Zero mention. Well, you can’t mention something that never happened. However, when it’s a book that I’d dearly love to see all of you read, it’s a bit of a dilemma. How can I stress upon you the magnificence of a book without giving away key points, ideas, and advice from the book? I’ve read some book reviews that pretty much give away the entire heart of a book – to me, as a book lover extraordinaire, that’s almost a criminal act. The true beauty of a book lies in the nuggets that are experienced, first-hand, by the reader. Someone once suggested that I pluck out one key element and present it. While I use this approach most of the time, I do so with hesitation – after all, what if every book reviewer plucked out a different element? Then the precious book would be all but given away online! Nothing worse than a worry-wart-book-worm. Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent. – Carl Sandburg If time management is a concern for you, your solution is one click away. In The Skinny on Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift You’ll find tips, advice, quotes, recommendations, and simple ideas to help you get the most from your 24 hours. I was delighted to read that Jim Randel is an advocate of to do lists – I live by my to do lists! However, the author takes to do lists to a whole new level of productivity with a few simple tactics that make all the difference. I’ve already implemented a few of the tips I picked up from The Skinny on Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift I have, as you may know, many blogs and websites. With all the other hats I wear offline (mother, wife, avid cook, bird watcher, baseball fanatic… come on Cardinals…. movie addict, gardener…), this leaves me without a lot of leeway in the amount of time I have to work with each day. Time management has always been a huge issue with me. In fact, when the e-mail came through, asking if I’d be interested in an advance copy of this book to review, I was having one of “those” days and couldn’t help laughing at the irony. A lot of us laugh when we’re about to completely crack. I have been using the tactics and ideas from The Skinny on Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift I have found myself able to accomplish more – and one of the main reasons can be attributed to what Jim Randel advises to do with one’s to do list…. a little classification tweak that has made a world of difference for me. And I believe it will for you as well. For less than what you’d pay to eat out, you can buy a book that can lead you to being able to afford more meals out. The Skinny on Time Management:
You simply will not find more delightful books than those written by Jim Randel in The Skinny On series. Come on, you know me! I’m the person book worms look up to. I read a great deal of books and am familiar with what’s out there. The Skinny On books can’t be topped. I strongly urge you to grab a copy of The Skinny On Time Management today. Then, I further urge you to grab copies of the rest in the series. I resolve to live with all my might while I do live. I resolve never to lose one moment of time and to improve my use of time in the most profitable way I possibly can. I resolve never to do anything I wouldn't do, if it were the last hour of my life. – Jonathan Edwards To order your copy today, go to The Skinny on Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift More quotes about Time and Time Management.
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/JoiTaniaSigers Related Articles:
© JoiTaniaSigers for Self Help Daily, 2010. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us More Recent Articles |
Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Self Help Daily" or change your subscription or subscribe
Unsubscribe from all current and future newsletters powered by FeedBlitz
| Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498 |
0 comments:
Post a Comment